360 CHICAGO Observation Deck, TILT, and BAR 94 have reopened to the public for the first time since November 18th.
Please note: Visitors are prohibited by law from entering our premises if they are are not in compliance with City of Chicago's Emergency Travel Order. Please read this information carefully to ensure you are permitted to visit.
What to Expect When You Visit
A Safe and Welcoming Environment
- Our site is following all recommendation of the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago and is using EPA/ CDC approved cleaning agents and following sanitizing guidelines.
- CDC approved electrostatic cleaning procedures and antimicrobial surface solutions are being utilized on site to further help prevent the spread of germs on touchpoint surfaces.
- The handlebars and glass in TILT will be sanitized after every guest and social distancing will be enforced for the duration of the TILT experience.
- The bar and café will offer grab and go food options and disposable service items such as cups and flatware.
- We will operate with limited guest capacity, following the guidance of local and state authorities.
- We are practicing and promoting social distancing guidelines of 6ft between traveling parties throughout 360 CHICAGO and within our elevators. Floor indicators, floor directional arrows, posted reminders and instruction from our team members will assist guests in following best distancing practices.
- All team members will undergo a health screening each day prior to their scheduled shift.
- In accordance with the State of Illinois regulations all team members will be required to wear a company-issued mask covering their nose and their mouth for the duration of their shift.
- All guests over the age of 2 must wear a face-covering over both their nose and their mouth throughout the duration of their visit to 360 CHICAGO, in accordance with State of Illinois regulations.
- Team members will be instructed to stay home and consult their medical professional if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, if they have been in contact with a person with COVID-19, or if there is an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within their household.
- All guests of 360 CHICAGO will be asked to stay home and consult their medical professional if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, if they have been in contact with a person with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, or if there is an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within their household.
- Team members will be required to wash hands for at least twenty seconds at the start of their shift, upon returning from breaks, and as needed.
- Prior to reopening, all team members will complete training on new protocols and requirements.
- We have installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the space for the use of both our guests and team members. Everyone visiting 360 CHICAGO is encouraged to wash their hands frequently, utilize hand sanitizer when necessary, and avoid touching their faces.
- We encourage all tickets be purchased online, in advance.
- Guests who buy tickets on site must pay with credit card, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay. We will not accept cash payments at this time.
- Our team members will perform all transactions at our ticketing desk, bar, and gift shops from behind an acrylic protective barrier.